Area Sales Manager -South Carolina
The Area Sales Manager (ASM) is the key street-level sales person in an assigned geography. He/she is responsible for executing a go to market strategy that includes both Direct Store Delivery (DSD) and direct routes to market. An ASM works as part of a team, reporting to a Region Sales Manager in his/her territory. This position offers a chance to drive the growth and success of Essentia, and is the starting point for a career within our rapidly growing sales organization.
The ASM is responsible for growing sales and market share by identifying and creating new business, and increasing the customer base within the region. This is accomplished by:
- Implementing sales strategies to deliver annual volume objectives of the region, expanding account and package distribution to maximize sales
- Continuously monitoring and reporting competitive activities, and keeping abreast of market trends
- Monitoring the performance of distributors within the area, identifying issues, and taking action to deal with them.
- Working with distributor personnel and retailers to ensure sales, distribution and merchandising objectives are met.
- Training and developing distributor sales personnel on brand standards to optimize sales performance.
- Rolling out and championing Essentia’s brand platform across all market segments
- Effectively leveraging Field Marketing resources with local retailers, and supporting key retailer sales calls with the RSM and Field Marketing Managers as required
- Establishing sales budgets for the region, in conjunction with the RSM
- Using the ShelvSpace App daily to record account calls, accomplishments and opportunities
- At least 2 years’ relevant sales experience or equivalent education. College degree preferred.
- Experience working for or with Direct Store Delivery (DSD) Distributors a must.
- Account sales experience is a plus.
- Proficiency working with Microsoft Office products, including Excel and PowerPoint.
- Good command of business mathematics with strong analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Productive working in a collaborative, team environment with minimal oversight
- Ability to comfortably lift 50 lbs.
- Some overnight travel required
Join the Team!
Area Sales Manager - San Antonio San Antonio, TXLEARN MORE
Area Sales Manager - San FranciscoSan Francisco, CALEARN MORE
Area Sales Manager - SeattleSeattle, WashingtonLEARN MORE
Area Sales Manager -South CarolinaColumbia, SCLEARN MORE
Digital Marketing Communications Manager Bothell , WALEARN MORE
Print Production ManagerBothell, WashingtonLEARN MORE
Quality Assurance TechnicianMesa, ArizonaLEARN MORE
Region Chain Manager - Los AngelesLos Angeles, CaliforniaLEARN MORE